Monday, October 4, 2010

Deveoloping

Alright, so here is the re-design of the site. No more lame no meaning shapes!

I spent a day and a half attempting to do a jquery element that began to work but the buttons lamely were on the wrong side. Phil and Mike tried taking a look at it to help me out, but had to dump the plug-in since who ever designed it did a pretty crappy job. I guess it dosent help that Im a crappy web designer at the moment, so crap + crap = MORE CRAP!

I'm just trying to get funtctionality items working right now. Thats my goal for the next 2/3 days. Than I can get going again on trying to make my site look dashing and fun.

The begining of the page WILL have some form of element where some of Christie's images can show as a form of a 'sneak peak,' like the above image shows. Do you guys like this? Or should this be kept as an element of suprise untill one clicks on portfolio?

Let me know your thoughts, Ive got a lot of work left to go!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girly, I wouldn't stress the small things, the site looks great and seems to have progressed nicely since the last time I saw the site. I do like the idea of including sneak peeks of work throughout the site but I think showcasing a smaller detail of the work would be more fitting. For Chris' site, the home page appeared blank because it was just housing navigation links so I chose to place a thumbnail of one of his type posters, so it appeared to flow with the header. I really like the addition of her logo at the top, so possibly showing her logo in multiple colors or a sketch of her logo on the home page would be an interesting glimpse into her process. Either way it's looking good. :)

    ReplyDelete